Employment services are available after completing a Just the Facts workshop and are enrolled in Case Management. A specialist will guide participants through training, offer referrals and other services necessary to find a job.
Who Can Qualify
Individuals must be enrolled in Healthy You, Inc. case management to take advantage of the Employment Services. To qualify for case management services, one must complete a Healthy You, Inc. – Just the Facts Life Skills workshop. This workshop covers a variety of topics including positive conflict resolution, identifying communication styles, maintaining healthy relationships, understanding and managing money, and defining and changing destructive behaviors. For information on attending a workshop or to request case management services, please call toll free (800) 656-7197.
An incarcerated individual may begin receiving case management and employment services when he or she is 18 months or less to end of sentence.
Healthy You Inc. employment services can guide you through the job search and beyond. Some of the services offered are:
- One-on-one consultation with an employment specialist
- Access to the Healthy You Employment Resource Guide
- WorkKeys® Testing, a national system designed to measure an individual’s skills, as needed for job placement
- Referral to employment opportunities
- Guidance with training and skills to enhance employment opportunities
How To Qualify
A job is the best way to self sufficiency. Let Healthy You Inc. help you achieve your employment goals. To qualify for Employment Services, an individual must:
- Be punctual, neat, clean, and presentable to all appointments
- Be accountable and reliable
- Provide honest information on all forms and job applications
- Be a team player
- Provide interview and job status feedback to Employment Specialists
Soft Skills That Impress Potential Employers
What is a soft skill? They are a combination of your personality, attitude, and social skills. Many employers will hire individuals who stand out in soft skills over hard skills. Hard skills are the skills that one possesses to actually do their job such as education, training and experience.
Basically, it takes less time and energy to train someone to do their job over training them to have a winning “attitude”.
The following are the critical soft skills that most employers desire in their employees:
- Honesty and integrity
- Strong work ethic
- Emotional intelligence
- High energy and positive attitude
- Team player
Credit: “Top 6 Critical Soft Skills of Job Seekers” by Jessica Simko in Careerealism.
Healthy You, Inc. offers various services for you and your loved one, including:
- Relationship Education workshops
- Case Management services*
- Family reunification classes
*Available if within 18 months of end of sentence. Most services are available at no charge.